Recipes and meal planning tips. Everything from home-cooking experiments to the tried-and-true family favourites. Throw a little order into the mix by planning ahead, or pick a recipe at random and hope for the best.
- Macaroni and “cheese” and chickpeas and carrots – A Quest for something the kids’ll eat"> Macaroni and “cheese” and chickpeas and carrots – A Quest for something the kids’ll eat It's not all sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs if you wanna make some mac.
- 10-Minute Pizza Toast
Pizza is the best! Pizza-Toast is a close second...
- Meal Planning – April 2016
Thirty days have November, April, June and September.... So I only have 4 weeks of meal planning to prepare for April. Good!
- Naan Bread
- Slow Cooker Chicken Soup 5 Ways – Made Easy!
See how easy it is to make chicken soup 5 different ways!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Soup Five Ways
Five ways to enjoy that classic Chicken Soup... with a twist!
- Meal Plan Check-in – March 2016
We've past the ides of March...
- Chocolate Pudding
Creamy, smooth, delicious chocolate pudding... Yum, yum!
- Pasta Alfredo
This easy recipe replaces pre-packaged side dishes, adding a tonne more flavour.
- Homemade Bread and Dough
Golden, delicious homemade goodness!
- Free Printable: Monthly Meal Planning Step-by-Step Worksheet
Start meal planning today with this free printable step-by-step worksheet!
- Meal Planning for March 2016
March madness ensues... another meal plan, this one for 5 full weeks!
- Veggie Taco Salad
Big taco flavour, without all the badness!
- Meal Plan Check-in – February 2016
Half-way through February. How has this month's meal planning fared?
Crunchy, wholesome, homemade croutons...
- “Pass the Peas” Asian-inspired stir-fry
Low-carb and pretty tasty to boot, this stir fry has flavours reminiscent of teriyaki, but... not quite the same. It's great, I love it, you should give it a try!
- What’s in your pantry?
Keeping the essentials on hand can help your family eat in more often. Don't be caught flatfooted, keep the necessities in your pantry!
- Recipe review: Our Perfect Veggie Burger (OhSheGlows.com)
Many strive for perfection. Will this burger earn its namesake? Stay tuned to find out!
- Meal Planning for February 2016
Future Crystal is happy that present Crystal wasn't lazy!
- Celebration Squash Soup
Pureed squash, and other vibrant veggies make this a brightly coloured soup, perfect to clear up those winter doldrums!
- Eating Healthy…ish
It seems there’s a trend afoot. One that says “I’ve worked hard; I deserve a treat after a long day at the office… but I don’t want to lose momentum for all that hard work!” That trend is Eating “Healthy…ish”.
What, you might ask, is healthy-ish eating, exactly?
Well… let me start by filling you in on ...
- Meal Planning 101: Your key to chaos-reduction Work, work, work, that's all I do... until now!
- Sweet Chili Cashew Chicken This cashew-crusted chicken is whipped up in minutes and takes a low-maintenance 25-45 minutes to cook (depending whether the chicken is fresh or frozen). Throw on some steamed green beans or carrots and some rice, and you've got yourself a delicious, protein-packed meal.
Choose your seasonings wisely... this bad boy can pack a wallop if you add more Sriracha, or it can be sweetly mild without the kick. Your choice!
- Weekday Vegetarian Monday through Friday, just five days a week, Veggies and lentils, not one bite of meat.
- Vegetarian Butter “Chicken” This sweet curry is filling and delicious. If a vegetarian meal is what you're looking for, this captures the essence of Butter Chicken without the chicken.
- One-Pot Pasta Easy-peasy, this recipe makes enough for a hoard, and tastes pretty good, to boot! Just throw everything in the pot, stir a few times and in 25 minutes, you've got enough for supper, seconds and even a few lunches.